How many revisions are normal?
This is a great question and it really comes down to speaking with the production company you’re interviewing to get that number. You get 2 rounds of revisions at each stage of the process with most video production companies. Normally, if the video is longer than five minutes you’ll get a proportion amount of revisions because of the length of time.
How many revisions in video production process should I receive?
One to three rounds of revisions are common for most creative projects. As rounds of revisions progress, each round should get less complicated. A key to make this happen is having a script that’s approved by all the decision makers and also during the revision process that those same decision maker are involved with reviewing the video. Just note that if you have apathy within your team, The revision process could turn into a train wreck, you’ve been warned.
How do to handle revisions?
- When developing the script make sure everyone who is gonna be involved with the revision process has signed off on the script.
- Communicate via email with the team that the revision process can be costly if the project starts to drag on.
- Make it clear that extra revisions cost money.
- when the team members know that delays in production cost department money you will get their attention and participation.
- Revisions never mean starting all over again if you don’t like the finished product!
- If you have more than two team members it’s good practice to piecemeal the revisions between the members. For example, one person is in charge of the context. Another pays close attention to the graphics, logo, color scheme and all things graphic and music related. by separating responsibilities you gave everybody on the team important ownership and they can zero in much easier during the process.
The video production process can be arduous at first glance or even difficult to keep the process going when working with others, kinda like herding cats. When you have the help of those who are experienced they can guide you through the forest and get you out in the clearing. Whether you hire us or somebody else, make sure you have a company that has the willingness to hold your hand throughout the process.